The Holiday Series | Spend or Save Bronzers


I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to bronzer. I think i've always strayed away for the fear of ending up looking like a wotsit. But going on holiday and developing a nice glowy tan means you kinda have to invest in a bronzer.
Since I saw the limited edition Clarins Colours of Brazil bronzing compact I knew that was one I wanted for my stash. Unfortunately due to its limited edition status it made it impossible to get my hands on. But good ol' duty free didn't fail to please and I managed to pick it up and at duty free price, winner! I think the relationship between me and the Clarins bronzer is love already. It's got a super soft formula and doesn't go cakey or wear off in certain places so it lasts for ages, even in the hot Egyptian sun. It's 20g worth of product which is more than your average bronzer so it's actually really good value for money. But the best part… it doesn't make me look orange, hurrah, instead gives a gorgeous yummy sun kissed glow.

I think the Soap & Glory Solar Powder bronzer makes a really great alternative if you're on more of a budget. It's priced at £11 in Boots.  It again gives a lovely sun kissed glow and gently highlights the skin. There's not a trace of orange in this bronzer which makes it perfect for paler skin tones, like myself. So when my tan has gone (sob) I think this will be a regular in my routine. I swirl both the colours on each side on my brush together to achieve a glowy look but you can also use a smaller brush and use the darker matte side to contour. This is such a great all rounder and at £11, an absolute bargain.

Have you given either bronzer a go?


10 comments

  1. I love Clarins, and their bronzers and eye shadow palettes always have such gorgeous patterns in them!
    I just bought a new bronze from kiko and I'm in love!
    Check it out on my blog..
    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    Ellie :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Wish I had an unlimited budget i'd buy so much haha x

      Delete
  2. Need to try these out! Since S&G bronzer isn't limited edition, I will probably be able to get my hands on it before the Clarins one! Looks very lovely!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S&G one is a really good cheaper alternative :) I think you can still pick the Clarins one up it's just hit and miss as to where you can get it xx

      Delete
  3. I love your photography! It's absolutely gorgeous. The Soap & Glory one looks perfect, I've been using their highlighter and it's my favourite. Both Hocus Focus and Glow All Out are ideal both paler girls like ourselves as well! Good luck with you milestones girl, I can't believe how far we've come!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! I love S&G make up I think it's really good :) I know girl we're doing so well, yay us (high five) xx

      Delete
  4. I don't wear bronzer often, but I love collecting them! That Clarins one is absolutely stunning! I'm also always tempted by the Givenchy and Guerlain ones. They look so luxe! I feel like I would much prefer any of those above my Chanel Tan de Soleil, which I find to be way too orange on me, sadly.

    Julie
    JulesDarling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything Givenchy and Guerlain, if only my bank balance had the same agreement haha. I've heard that from quite a few people but never tried it myself for that very reason xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try the Soap & Glory one - it's on my shopping list for my next trip to Boots! And this post has just convinced me to get it so thanks :)
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely go with save =)

    ReplyDelete