The Skin Care Product That Every 20 Something Needs

I always envisaged clear spot free glowy skin when I reached my 20's. I don't know why I thought this but why should anyone not in their teens suffer from spots?! Oh how wrong I was. I seem to have reached my 20's and my spots got worse, umm what? Life is just so cruel sometimes.

When you're in your teens it seems perfectly acceptable to purchase £2 spot fighting facial cleanser and treatments but now I am older, and wiser, using these on my skin just feels a bit, well, naff. Don't get me wrong I am still a rather poor student, probably with less income than in my teen days, but I appreciate how important looking after your skin is, so spending that bit extra is no biggy. Luckily for me and every other 20 something spot sufferer out there La Roche Posay has got us covered with Effaclar Duo.

Effaclar Duo is an anti-blemish cream specially formulated to target the key signs of oily, blemish prone skin. It also reduces the appearance of blemishes, unclogs blocked pores, helps to refine skin texture, controls the appearance of shine AND fights the appearance of marks. Not much then, and all this for a teeny tiny £15.50 in any good ol' Boots. La Roche Posay are even so confident in their product that it has a guarantee of clearer skin or your money back.

I've been using for Effaclar Duo for about half a year now, maybe a bit more. I've repurchased it every time i've run out. It has passed the repurchase test, that is how good it is. It really does help keep my spots at bay and my skin looking rather smooth and lovely. It's also powerful without being stripping or drying like loads of spot treatments. Don't get me wrong I still have bad skin days but this little beaut certainly helps them out.

Have you given it a go?

14 comments

  1. I find it odd how it works for everyone but me. It just made my skin worse, and dried it out SO much too…not impressed! It was the original formula.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame. I felt like the original formula was slightly stronger and powerful but a bit more stripping. Maybe the duo+ would work better for you :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving this at the moment, at first I didn't see much difference in my skin but after using it for a good few months now I can definitely see a change in my skin for the better!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it gives dramatic results straight away but as a everyday skin care routine essential is works amazingly :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, this product seems like it is perfect for me! La Roche Posay is on the expensive side of drugstore products in the US... but if it works, then it would be SO worth it!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it if you can get your hands on it :)

      Delete
  4. I agree - I mentioned in a recent post that spending a little bit (or a lot) more on skincare products really does make a huge difference in the end result.

    I have heard great reviews for this product everywhere, and have never tried a La Roche Posay product before. On my next payday I think I will have to splash out and get this.

    x

    Rebekah | My Delicate Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defiantly try it if you can, can't recommend it enough x

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this yet as the formula available in North America is different from the one in the UK and I've heard that the UK formula is much better. If I can get my hands on the UK formula, I definitely will. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh didn't realise it would be different formulas, well the UK one is defiantly a bit of a wonder product! x

      Delete
  6. Hey! Just found your blog and love it, I have just bought this and so far so good!

    Laura xx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry but i'm 26 and still get spots. I don't know where we got this idea from that spots disappear when you spot being a teenager lol!
    www.amynmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete