The Make Up Storage




Make Up storage is always a source of problem for any make up addict like myself. It's so hard to find something that fits a lot in but is easy to get to and easy to find what you're looking for. At the moment, everyone seems to be going crazy for Muji's acrylic storage which I love but as my room is a bit vintagey and all my furniture is antique, plastic storage does not quite go.

While my mummy was out on her usual weekly car booting she found this handmade box. I'm not quite sure what wood it's made out of but apparently according to the seller it was handmade by the Amish. I really loved it so I claimed it, my mum has far too much stuff anyway. It was a dark wood so two coats of Laura Ashley paint (painted by myself, turns out painting your nails is wayyyyy easier), made it fit in perfectly with my room. It's just the right size for the majority of my make up (I seriously own far to much make up) so there's still bits and bobs floating around my room but this makes finding what I want so easy and basically it's just so darn cute. 

How do you store your make up? 

19 comments

  1. I love the box you have used - it's so cute! I'm storing mine in a plastic tray at the moment, might try looking for something like yours :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, love finding goodies like this at car boots :)

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely! Really unique and different! Your photos really are gorgeous! I'm just storing mine in the usual Muji boxes at the moment, but I have a really cute French inspired heart shaped box for my nail polishes! You've definitely inspired me to be a bit more original! x
    Lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ooh like the sound of the heart shaped box, sounds so cute x

      Delete
  3. Thats a lovely storage Idea. I have makeup all over the place. On the bathroom shelves, In some small storage draws I bought from Ikea, In my linen cupboard...Im running out of room to put things.

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here it was becoming a pain to have my stuff here there and everywhere so now it's all in one place :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks :) goes perfectly in my room x

      Delete
  5. Thats such a good idea! Looks like you have some great makeup :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want more though, never satisfied haha x

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous photo's on Lily... and I want that box haha! It'd be amazing for taking blog photo's on top of :))) such a cute way to store makeup! xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this box - and it sounds like it fits way better with your decor style than the acrylic stuff =)

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is by far the best way to store makeup! Might have to copy you, just sayin' ;)
    Great post!

    marieaimelavie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means copy me :) it's really practical and super cute! x

      Delete
  9. This is such a gorgeous idea! =) Looks lovely! =)
    You have a new follower btw~!

    sal/http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a unique idea for makeup storage! I store my makeup in my Alex 9 drawer unit from Ikea :) and the overflow in a couple of my dressing table drawers.
    www.kateflowermaquillage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete