Very Berry Muffins



So this weeks Sunday baking consisted of very berry muffins. I wasn't sure if these would be slightly strenuous for me, nothing worse than dry crumbly muffins, but they were a hit with the fam so I obviously did something right! The recipe is as followed and if you try them let me know how you get on.


Very Berry Muffins 
Ingredients
375g all-purpose flour 
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
100g granulated sugar
100g brown sugar
240ml milk
120ml olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
340g mixed berries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)


Directions


1. Gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined - a 20 second toss to disburse everything together. 
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Whisk in milk, oil, and vanilla extract. 
3. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. Mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be extremely thick and somewhat lumpy. Very gently to avoid them from leaking their color, fold in 1 and 3/4 cups mixed berries.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Using 1/4 cup of the berries you have leftover, press a few into the tops of each muffin. 
5. Bake at 190 degrees C for 5 minutes for 25-26 minutes until tops are lightly golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. 




16 comments

  1. They look delicious! I really wish I wasn't gluten-free, I miss muffins.

    Caitlin | Oceanic Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your lovely blog it's beautiful! Also this recipe looks amazing and very simple to make, I love berries!. Really enjoyed your blog so have followed.

    http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) have followed you back x

      Delete
  3. I'm so hungry now :( haha, lovely post and photos xx May give these a try!

    Rachel --- Claireful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh I am so hungry now and my mouth is literally watering. Will be giving this recipe a try this weekend :)
    Bana xoxo
    http://poppylilybeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on, I want to see pictures :) xx

      Delete
  5. These look absolutely delicious! I wish I was better at baking but I definitely need more practice :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeless at baking but these are so easy, give them a go xxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Haha they actually were! Dry muffins are gross, yuck xx

      Delete
  7. wow these look so beautiful hun !!
    Melissa x theinkedblonde

    ReplyDelete