Technic High Lights VS Benefit High Beam



I was in Bodycare the other day picking up the usual bits and bobs and came across the make up section. It kind of reminded me of what my thirteen year old self would have picked up, it all looked a bit cheap and nasty, I mean come on what quality bronzer is going to be £1?! But what did stand out to me was Technic high lights. I couldn't believe the likeness to my much loved Benefit High Beam and for £1.99 I had to give it a whirl.

I'm not exactly quite sure how copyright laws go but I am pretty sure Technic are breaking every single one of them. I mean come on the packaging is pretty much identical. Even down to the fonts and the positioning of the typography. The packaging is a glass bottle with a white screw top lid and attached brush EXACTLY the same as High Beam. Obviously this is a good thing as I love the packaging to High Beam, it's easy to use and looks cute but i'm not sure how they managed to copy it to a T? 

The product itself again is similar but not quite as good as Benefit High Beam. High beam has a much smoother consistency and is a little pinker whereas High Lights is more lilacy in colour and is more gloopy. High Lights is also quite glittery which is reflective of the price so you have to be really careful about not applying to much of the product otherwise you end up with a glitter ball face, ummm attractive. I apply both products on the tops of my cheek bones, under my brows, on my temples and on my cupids bow. They both high light the face perfectly and give you a gorgeous spring glowy face. 

So my verdict? I hate to say it but when I run out of my miniature Benefit High Beam instead of forking out £19.50 for the full size, I think i'll be returning to Bodycare to pick up some more Technic High Lights. It is a rather wonderful dupe. 

14 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It really is :) well worth a try if you can get your hands on it x

      Delete
  2. I have the Technic highlight, it is gorgeous! Never tried the High Beam as I'm super skint all the time so glad to see I don't need to bother! Xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high beam is expensive, i've got these mini versions from Benefit sets i've had. This is a really good dupe xx

      Delete
  3. Great find!!!

    xx Alyson
    www.beauty-vanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I know right, can't believe they can actually get away with it! x

      Delete
  5. I have noticed these in body care a few times but I'm always skeptical of trying dupes, most of the dupes i've tried are utter horse poo! Great dupe review :)

    Something about Carey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how good it would be either especially at that price but I was very pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete
  6. The Face Shop also has a dupe that looks very similar to High Beam called the High Lighter Beam:
    http://us.memebox.com/memeshop/face-it-highlighter-beam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that looks the same as well but high lights is loads cheaper xx

      Delete
  7. ah awesome, this review's really helpful- I've always been wondering about whether Technic's dupe would be good, will definitely be giving it a try now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got this at your reccomendation and am thrilled. Got two huge bottles for 1/3 cost of one from Benefit. Almost identical.

    ReplyDelete