Redken Extreme CAT Protein Treatment

I don't think I have one friend who doesn't want longer hair. Every girl I know wants long Rapunzel locks. But yet pretty much every girl I know is a religious GHD user and has their hair coloured every six to eight weeks. Bad news girls your hair is not going to grow much. I speak from A LOT of experience. I used to have hair almost down to the small of my back, it was thick curly and when styled properly it was pretty lush. But being a silly fifteen year old teenager I thought it would be a brilliant idea to cut it off into a tiny bob and i'm talking about an inch short at the back. At the time I thought it was the best thing ever but fast forward and year and a bit and all I wanted was my long hair back.

I also used to be bright blonde, I pretty much had a full head of bleach highlights every 8 weeks. Coupled with weekly blow dries (I used to be a saturday girl in a hair dressers) you can just imagine the condition of my hair. Given its already frizzy curly nature whack on some bleach highlights and it was a bit dry to say the least. It would snap off all the time and funnily enough never seemed to grow. Before I decided to dye it brown, which sorted it out massively, I discovered Redken CAT protein treatment and, without over exaggerating, it saved my life. Ok maybe not my life but my hairs life anyway.

I don't want too get too hair jargonny but hair needs to have the correct balance of moisture and protein to be nice and healthy. Over styling, dying (particularly lightening) and everything else that's bad for your hair causes a lack of protein which causes it to snap off. Redken CAT works by replacing the protein and reconstructing the hair boosting its shine and softness.

It's a strange product because it's in a liquid form so you use it in between shampooing and conditioning. Spraying it evenly all over the hair, lathering it up and then leaving it for 3-5 minutes and then rinsing it off. It is quite hard to use because of the fact it's like spraying water on wet hair so it's impossible to see where it has been applied and where it hasn't. But that apart from that I can't recommend it enough, it makes such a transformation to damaged hair. I personally only use it once a week because it is so strong and too much protein makes your hair rigid and will just snap off.

But for any girls who want long hair but don't fancy giving up their GHD's or regular colour appointments give Redken CAT a go.

Lily xx

4 comments

  1. This has been my hair saviour as well. Great review beaut! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best hair product I think i've ever found, amazing! Thanks chick :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds great! I've been using the regular Redken Extreme leave in, but I'm very tempted by this as well! xx

    Fernanda @ ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have Redken Extreme leave in conditioner as well and I did really like this but never repurchased whereas I think i've brought this over five times now, it's great!
      Lily xx

      Delete