My Everyday Brushes



While giving my regular brushes a weekly deep cleanse wash last saturday I decided a brush post was in order. Until about two years ago I was an applying foundation with your fingers kinda' gal. Quite frankly, now, I can't think of anything worse. I think the thought of starting to use brushes is a bit scary. Trying to find the best ones to suit you, especially if you're on a budget,  as the good ones are expensive to say the least. But when I decided it was time to invest in some good brushes it was blogs I turned to for that much needed advice.

I don't think it's possible to have not heard of Real Techniques brushes if you're a beauty blogger. They are THE BEST high street brush brand. Although i've always loved make up and skin care, I've always been a bit hopeless with knowing what to use when it comes to brushes but with the help of my trusty Real Techniques it's pretty fool proof.

If you're a beginner brush user your best port of call is the Real Techniques core collection. The pointed foundation brush isn't great, it makes you feel like you're painting your face but the buffing brush is the best thing ever created. I haven't found a foundation that doesn't work with this brush. It makes application so quick and flawless. I also use it to blend in concealer. It's just a great all rounder, a beauty must have. The contour brush is great for highlighting and the detailer brush is a great way to cover up imperfections. All of these brushes are great so the core collection is a great starting point.

The other brushes I use religiously, alongside my core collection, is the Real Techniques powder brush. It is huge! I actually don't wear powder, my skin isn't that oily and I love a glowy face, but I use this for a light dusting of bronzer or products like my Dior Nude Glow Powder. I use the multi-tasking brush for bronzing and as the blush brush suggests my blusher.

The only brush I use that isn't Real Techniques is my Lumene Contouring brush. I picked this up in TK Maxx and I think it's a great brush. The brush is really soft and is doubled to give a precision contour, it's a really great brush.

So for all you brush newbies, your best starting point is the Real Techniques core collection. It's reasonable at only £21.99 in Boots and it will last you ages. Mine are still not worn out!

What brushes are you currently using?

Lily xx


11 comments

  1. LOVE Real Techniques buffing brush! My favourites have been that and Sigma's F80 flat top kabuki.
    Also, wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award: http://blushedonabudget.blogspot.ca/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of them, i'll defo check them out :)
      Thanks for the nomination! I've already posted about the liebster award have a look at my response here http://lilyannloves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/lily-ann-loves-does-liebster-award.html xx

      Delete
  2. I agree! I'm a make-up artist and RealTechniques are a great addition to my collection....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them they're sooo good. I want the stippling brush next! x

      Delete
  3. Love the Real Techniques brushes! Such good quality for the price.
    Now following you :)

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks chick! Love your blog, following you as well :) x

      Delete
  4. These brush looks absolutly amazing!!

    xoxo

    www.lilyzab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on them! xx

      Delete
  5. RT brushes are my faves. MAC ones are great too. :) x

    -Chaitra|Itspinkpot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want some MAC ones so bad, they need to go on the birthday list! xx

      Delete
  6. I don't know where I would be without my RT brushes! They are such good quality for such a great price. Lovely post, Hollie X

    http://www.its-hollie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete