Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser VS Benefit POREfessional




I have been seeing Maybelline's new product Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser all over blogs so I thought I'd give it a try. After buying it, for £7.99 from Boots, I noticed how similar it looked compared to Benefit's POREfessional, the packaging is basically the same blue for a start. I have been using Benefit's POREfessional for quite a few years now and I love it. It helps my foundation sit on my face for longer and gives an overall smoother appearance. Due to silicone base of the primer it feels amazingly silky when you put it on. So I was interested to see how Maybellines Baby Skin Primer compared.

Obviously the basis of both products is to reduce the appearance of pores under make up although Baby Skin states that it can be worn alone. I personally wouldn't wear it without any foundation. When I applied Baby Skin before my foundation I couldn't really notice any significant difference. Understandably there would be no colour difference as it is a clear primer but I can't really see a point of wearing this without foundation as it made no difference to the visibility of my pores. POREfessional on the other hand is a tinted primer so when applied I could see a more noticeable difference in colour to my skin so would maybe consider wearing it without a foundation over the top.

The texture of both primers is so similar, when you are applying them it would be hard to tell them apart. But I found once applied POREfessional absorbed into my skin quicker whereas Baby Skin felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin which I didn't really like.

Although I have spotty skin, I don't have particularly oily skin so I really like silicone based primers. Whereas if you have oily skin I can't imagine either product would be great as I think it would feel like your foundation is about to slide off.

Overall, I personally prefer POREfessional, mainly because it has been an old trusty for years now. But if I run out on a poor month I would most definitely reach for Baby Skin as an alternative as the textures are so similar.

Have you tried Baby Skin Instant pore eraser yet?

Lily xx

PS excuse the pasty hand, in desperate need of getting my St.Tropez on!

14 comments

  1. Hi, you have an awesome blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! thank you.

    xoxo, J
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have followed you on bloglovin', love your blog x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is absolutely incredible. I can't believe you don't have more followers?! It's so professional and I love the layout. From this post alone I really love your style, this is exactly the sort of thing I want to see from a comparison review. Keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darl means a lot glad you like the post. I literally only started posting three days ago haha so I'm so happy with the responses I've had already :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanx for the review, I'm on the 90 day spending ban so have not yet got this, but i have and have used professional for many years now, saw the hype about baby skin but think il just stick to my benefit primer
    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first thing i've brought for over a week, i'm feeling proud of myself! I would stick to POREfessional as well personally. It is that bit better, you are defiantly getting what you pay for with it. Thanks for the comment! x

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try both of these out! :) Good to hear that they both live up to the hype.
    You've got a new follower here! Glad I stumbled across your blog.

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my post and blog :) if you had the money I'd say to get POREfessional, I swear by it it's so good! But Baby skin does make a good cheaper alternative x

      Delete
  6. Nice comparison post! I've used Porefressional in the past, but always good to find a cheaper alternative.
    mygrannysdresser.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) love finding a cheaper alternative for my poor months haha x

      Delete
  7. i have ridiculously oily skin, and i actually really liked porefessional. when i STOPPED using it, i noticed how much it helped my foundation. i'm waiting to find baby skin in drugstores near me to give it a try.

    lovethatlavenderbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting because I thought it would be the opposite! Defo give baby skin a try when you can, think you'll like it if you like POREfessional
      Lily xx

      Delete
  8. I love love love POREfessional. Shame you don't think Baby Skin is up to the mark as I could do with saving some pennies! I guess you get what you pay for!
    Rosie xx
    everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete