L'Oreal True Match Foundation

I'm not going to lie, I am not a massive fan of drugstore foundations. Since developing a rather healthy relationship with foundations with a price tag of £30+, I find it really hard to settle for less. I've always found drugstore foundations break me out as well, so i'm even more skeptical to use them now spots have become more of a rarity. But after reading Amelia Liana's raving reviews about L'Oreal True Match and running out of my current 'no fake tan' foundation, I thought i'd check it out. 

On first impressions of it I really liked it. Drugstore foundations are often made to look really cheap by the packaging but I love the way L'Oreal have packaged this. I also love the fact it has a pump, I used to use Revlon Colorstay foundation, which was a liquid foundation, without a pump, not ideal. 

The foundation itself is medium but is easily build able. I found with a second coat it gave a really good coverage even over the redder parts of my face. It is slightly more matte then I would have liked and if you haven't already worked out by my endless ramblings, I love a glowy face. The only other issue I had with it was that it was not long lasting at all. I need a foundation that lasts a long time as I'm out the house over 10 hours most days, and whereas my MAC studio sculpt lasts the majority of this, I found that True Match was wearing off after 3-4 hours. 

I did read that L'Oreal True Match was a really good dupe of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, apparently they are even manufactured in the same factory. Although I have personally not tried Luminous Silk, I can see the close similarities through the blog posts I have read. 

Overall, I was impressed with this foundation for the cost, I picked it up for £9.99 from Boots. In my opinion, I don't think you can ever expect miracles from foundations unless you are prepared to splash out. But I do think it is an amazing foundation given its price. I've also been using it everyday for a week and no signs of spots, hurray! I wouldn't repurchase this purely because it was not dewy enough for my liking but I would definitely recommend it if you prefer a slight matte finish. 

Have you tried L'Oreal True Match? What were your opinions on it? 

Lily xx



5 comments

  1. Awesome review! I have trouble with feeling confident with drug store foundations as well. I've tried Rimmel, I've tried Covergirl and nothing has really blown me out of the water like the ones I pay more than 25+ for. However, I love Bourjois Healthy Serum Foundation, its got the glow but it is more expensive than Revlon, etc. Have you tried it?
    xo T
    prettylovelygirls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've heard really good things about the Bourjois healthy serum foundation, might give it a go! xx

      Delete
  2. I used to use this but it made me go oily very quickly so I had to ditch it! Might give it another whirl though as it was a few years ago!

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use it years ago and I found the same but I guess my skin's changed as i've grown up. I would recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've the same issue with this foundation, it just breaks down so quickly - I end up looking an oily mess before I even reach lunch time! Not good. I didn't have this with the Revlon Colorstay and it's similar cost. I'm attempting to use this up, it's not a favourite, tempted to bin it.

    ReplyDelete