Dolce & Gabbana Illuminator Powder VS Soap & Glory Glow All Out






 I decieded I needed a new highlighter the other day so asked my lovely twitter followers what they would recommend. I think I've decided i'm going to try Benefit High Beam as I am a complete Benefit junkie. But it got me thinking about my current highlighters and which ones I preferred. While I was looking through all of them I couldn't help but notice the similarity between my two powder highlighters, Dolce & Gabbana illuminator and Soap & Glory glow all out. Obviously these two highlighters are on completely different ends of the spectrum in terms of price so I decided to do a comparison and decide which one I preferred.

Firstly the packaging. I think it is pretty clear which one is winning this by a mile off. Dolce & Gabbana is absolutely gorgeous. It comes in the gold mirrored case which is packaged in a velvet pouch with an applicator brush. Glow all out on the other hand is somewhat unimpressive. I love most of Soap & Glory's packaging, I think its so quirky and fun but I'm not a fan of the cardboard packaging. Considering it is £11 for a drug store product I would have expected a bit of a nicer and classy looking way of packaging it. Although I do like the image on the top. As you can see I have used the Soap & Glory highlighter a lot but it did used to have Soap & Glory embossed on it which I thought was a nice touch.

As you can see from the swatches and just from the products themselves there is a big difference in the shade of them. The Dolce & Gabbana illuminator is much darker. I have it in shade shimmer but I don't think it's very shimmery at all. It is the finest shimmer ever, almost unnoticeable. Whereas Glow All Out is a really shimmery more creamy product which is much more noticeable when it is applied to the face.

Despite the dark colour of the D&G illuminator its actually not a very scary product to put on. I am very fair skinned but I don't have to worry about overdoing it. Likewise with the Glow All Out. I actually prefer to use the D&G illuminator as a product to contour with because of the fact it's not that shimmery but it is a good highlighter to use on a 'barely there' face. Glow all out on the other hand gives you a really healthy glowy look while still being subtle.

Overall I love both of these products for different reasons but in terms of highlighting purposes I would definitely recommend Soap & Glory over the Dolce & Gabbana illuminator.

What highlighters would you recommend?

Lily xx

10 comments

  1. Love your bloggggggg!
    what camera do you use? I really need to invest xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks chick. it's my dads old one I robbed it its the Olympus camedia c-5050. I want to get a new one but i'd rather go on holiday haha xx

      Delete
  2. Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm is the best highlighter I've ever tried and I'm convinced there will never be anything better in my life. It's the perfect shimmery, buttery-soft gorgeousness. I've only got a trial size which a lovely lady in the store gave me but I've had that for about 6 months and I'm only half way through. You need such a tiny amount and it gives the most amazing effect. (I love your blog, I can't get over how strongly I feel about it haha!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have I never heard of theBalm?! I just googled it and it looks amazing. Looks like Benefit which means i'll probably love it haha. Where can you buy it from? Aww thank you :) so nice having so many lovely comments xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Honey..
    I just nominated you for the Leibster Blogger Award!
    Check out my blog for the rules! www.beautymay.blogspot.co.uk
    Good Luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog!
    have nominated you for Liebster Award!
    http://nostaligiccath.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please visit my blog post at http://kiaracatanzaro.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/liebster-award-many-thanks/ and you'll see the rules and questions I have left for you! Good luck and enjoy the rest of your day! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post - the D&G one looks quite an unusual shade for a highlight! I love Benefit's Watt's Up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit weird, does work really well to create a contoured face though. I am in love with Benefit's Watt's Up, it's one of my favourites x

      Delete
  7. The packaging of the D&G one is STUNNING. If you haven't already bought Benefit High Beam, I'd recommend Sun Beam instead - it's a bit more of a subtle golden glow whereas High Beam can be a bit intense. Otherwise, Girl Meets Pearl is a nice middle ground, as its a rose gold colour rather than the bright silvery pink colour of High Beam. Actually I'd recommend Girl Meets Pearl the most - it's my favourite, so beautiful and lasts forever! Rosie xx
    everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete