Benefit!



A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to complete a weeks work experience at Benefit cosmetics head office in Chelmsford. I absolutely adore Benefit as a company. I think it is fun, quirky and the products are amazing so you can imagine my excitement to be given this opportunity.

It was the best week EVER! It was my second time completing work experience for Benefit as in 2012 I worked with the PR team in the press office in Covent Garden.

I spent the week working within the National Accounts team which, for those of you who may be unaware, is in charge of different national accounts that Benefit are involved with, for example Boots, House of Fraser etc. I spent the majority of my week helping with the launch of a new impulse product within Boots non-counter stores. I also assisted with some preparation for national sales meeting which was happening the following week. The week flew by and I was so disappointed to leave as I had such a great week and learnt so much.

For anyone who is on a degree, I can not recommend going out on work experience enough. Not only for the benefit of your CV but also for the benefit of yourself. I learnt so much in the short time I was there. But it also helps you to start to considering where you'd like your career to go when you finish uni.

Most work experience placements are unpaid which can be hard, luckily I had relatives to stay with, but  in the long run sacrafising a few nights out and shopping trips is so worth it. I was lucky enough to get given a gorgeous goody bag filled with Benefit products, as pictured. I'm yet to try them out but will be posting as soon as I have :)

Lily xx





No comments